Glenn Middleton, O.D.
Undergraduate work at The University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!) and then on to University of Alabama @ Birmingham Optometry School
Specialty / expertise
Primary Care and Contact Lenses
When did you know that you wanted to be an optometrist?
Even though I had multiple eye problems as a child, it was not until a neuropsychology class at Georgia lead me to think about Optometry as a career
Favorite part of being an optometrist
1) Solving patient's question of "what is wrong with my eyes"
2) Educating patients about all of the multitude of diseases/problems in the body that can show up in the eye
I've been on several incredible medical missions trips. Some of my most memorable are Old Harbour, Jamaica; Miacatlan in Morelos, Mexico; and Roatan, Honduras
Do you have any pets?
A Jack Russell terrier, named Lily---she specializes in getting out of our house and loose in the neighborhood
1) Born/raised in Florida; my high school years were in Switzerland, Florida, along the St John's River
2) I have been married, for 32 years, to the woman I adore!!!!
3) We have 4 grown children and one grandson!