What is Vision Therapy?
In-office vision therapy is an effective treatment option for visual problems that cannot be corrected with eyeglasses, contact lenses, medicine, or surgery.
Optometric Vision Therapy
- Patients of all ages can benefit
- A progressive program of vision procedures
- Performed under doctor supervision
- Individualized to fit the visual needs of each patient
- Generally conducted in-office, in once or twice weekly sessions of 30 minutes to an hour
- Occasionally supplemented with procedures done at home between office visits
Vision Therapy Procedures
- Help patients develop or improve fundamental visual skills and abilities
- Improve visual comfort, ease, and efficiency
- Change how a patient processes or interprets visual information
Here at Triangle Visions, we recommend 2 therapy sessions (45 minutes/session) per week. Depending on the case, treatment will last 4 – 12 months. Visit the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) website for more information including research literature on vision therapy, and find your local Triangle Visions Optometrist to schedule an appointment.